There are six officer positions:
- Vice Captain
- Public Relations Officer
1. An active member of Theatre Production.
2. Exemplary grades, attendance and discipline at Hart High School.
3. President only – must have served one year as officer.
GENERAL OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attend all club functions including executive meetings.
2. Maintain communication with Advisor and other officers.
3. Lead by example and be willing to serve in any capacity for the good of the club.
4. Complete other duties assigned by the Advisor.
All shows/performance dates must be reviewed and voted on by the officers. Submission to Improv Advisor will then commence for final approval.
The Captain shall:
- Preside at all meetings of the improv club.
- Be in charge of turning in announcements to the office for upcoming events and into Hart TV, in the absence of the Public Relations Officer.
- Call emergency meetings of the improv club as needed, with prior permission of the Advisor.
- Prepare agenda for all meetings with any outside sponsors and/or clubs from neighboring schools.
- Coordinate all other officers and be sure that they are proficient in their work. Organize all officers for Club Day to attract new faces to Hart Improv.
- Promote and further the interest of improv in our school and community. Create and maintain a safe and fun learning environment during rehearsals and/or meetings.
- Value and support each of the other officers in their endeavors when needed.
- Assist the Public Relations Officer on an as needed basis.
The Vice Captain shall:
- Perform the duties of the Captain in the absence of the Captain.
- Keep member contact information current for each club member via online submission form.
- Work with the president to promote and further the interest of improv in our school and community. Create and maintain a safe and fun learning environment during rehearsals and/or meetings.
The Secretary shall:
- Keep accurate account of all club meetings and submit typed/handwritten meeting minutes to all officers and club Advisor.
- Keep accurate record of attendance for all meetings and events.
- Maintain a binder (provided by the club Advisor) with all records, minutes, and club information.
- Read the minutes of the previous meeting at all regular meetings.
- Assist in preparing all needed forms and handouts.
The Treasurer shall:
- Collect all money due to the club, issue receipt for all money received and deposit all money to the Advisor.
- Maintain a binder (provided by the Advisor) with accurate account of all club funds and make a report at all meetings.
- Help collect funds that are due and past due to the improv club.
- Work with the sponsor and/or neighboring schools to complete all necessary paperwork for funds raisers, etc.
- Prepare the box office cash box and collect it when the box office is closed and give it to the Advisor for ASB submission.
The Public Relations Officer shall:
- Be in charge of turning in announcements to the office for upcoming events and into Hart TV.
- Be in charge of contacting the media for coverage of events.
- Be in charge of producing the program for each show.
- Enlist duties to the Captain and Vice Captain if any additional support is needed.
- faculty advisorBe in charge of show publicity including the school marquee, posters, collection of headshots, website, radio spots, newspaper ads, Improv bulletin board (key provided by Faculty Advisor), etc.
The Historian shall:
- Be in charge of keeping the clubs yearly scrapbook up to date.
- Take pictures during shows, meetings, and events. Submit them to the Faculty Advisor for posting on the website.
- Work with the Public Relations Officer to keep the school marquee, posters, collection of headshots, website, radio spots, newspaper ads, and Improv bulletin board updated.
Special Note: In the event issues/conflicts arise between a club member/officer, which cannot be solved through communication between the two parties, the issue will be brought to the faculty advisor.